Over the last few months I have had the pleasure of installing a lot of different SharePoint 2013 deployments. There are a couple of resources I keep going back to each and every time to help with the process. Below are my top 10 favorite SharePoint 2013 installation resources I can’t live without:
- Deployment guide for SharePoint 2013 – Don’t remote in or leave the office without it!
- Hardware and software requirements for SharePoint 2013 – Where all the latest additional software resource links are.
- Updates for SharePoint 2013 – For all the latest SharePoint software updates.
- Installing the BI features of SharePoint 2013 – Installing BI is more complicated and you need this guide to set you straight.
- Access Services Setup for an On-Premises Installation – Another must have for installing the new Access services.
- Workflow Manager Installation and Configuration – SharePoint 2013 workflow has an additional installation step before it is available in SharePoint. Check out this guide for help.
- Setting up your App domain for SharePoint 2013 – Everything you need to know about setting up the new App Catalog.
- Distributed Cache in SharePoint 2013 – Because sometimes the distributed cache needs help.
- Manage the Distributed Cache service in SharePoint Server 2013 – More helpful distributed cache commands.
- Manage search components in SharePoint Server 2013 – When a more complex search topology is needed and these commands will help.
Let me know your favorite installation resources in the comments below.